Wednesday 19 December 2012

Re:So Bloggers Event!












When I saw this event in my inbox I was very excited to go along to see what this event was all about. Recently Southampton Solent University have opened their own temporary store in Southampton’s city centre. They have collaborated with their students to give those with their own product creations a chance to sell and promote their unique items in Re:So. With a variety of items sold in store the shop gives off the feel of a beautiful fashion and lifestyle vintage boutique rather than a normal high street store. The layout is really pretty and the entire store holds a vintage, individual feel to it with only key one off pieces being sold. I had been into Re:So once previously to this event and straight away fell in love with the store, it is run by university students but has a total professional feel in store with sales of genuine pieces made creatively and to a perfect standard.

I went along with my friend Emily from Fashion-Fruit to the event, where we were welcomed with finger foods, cup cakes and cute little packets of sweets, they also had bottles of fizzy drinks and plastic cups which I thought was quite cute as there wasn’t really any need to go over the top, it kind of fitted with the feel to the shop, drinking basic fizzy pop from plastic cups in their vintage store. The evening consisted of an insightful talk from blogger Brent Meheux who is also one of Solent’s tutors. He spoke about blogging do’s and don’ts and gave us an insight into some of the blogs he maintains and blogs in which interest him also. Brent makes a living from some of his blogs throughout the year, especially during times when he is not tutoring at university. The talk was very insightful and it was an overall great evening being amongst other bloggers from the Southampton area who aim to create successful blogs. Blogging is something I’ve really taken an interest in recently and I love having a blog now, the only thing I regret is not starting it sooner! However, everyone needs to start somewhere and my advice to people who want to start a blog but don’t know how or when to start would be just go for it, the longer you leave it the more you’ll think about not doing it, everyone was in your position at one stage but if you’re passionate about a specific subject, whether its fashion, beauty or art then blog about it!

You can find Re:So’s blog here to find out the latest of what’s happening at Re:So!
 

6 comments:

  1. I love how students and professionalism can mix so well sometimes, it looks like a lovely place and sounds like you had a great time :) ox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to get a different type of audience for shops like this :) it was really nice there and a good evening :) xx

      Delete
  2. This sounds like such a perfect little shop. Another reason why I want to study fashion at that university!

    www.elstylediaries.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh, it is really nice there but I'm not too sure how long it will be there for, but there's like a little vintage shop nearby too :) xx

      Delete
  3. This was a project from my old university! i'm gutted i graduated a year previously. Brent also was one of my tutors at uni! Your photos look fab, they make me miss Southampton xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh really, that must have been a great project! I have Brent as one of my tutors too :) xx

      Delete

All comments are read and very much appreciated, so thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...